Tillamook County, Oregon. Sept. 4, 2018 – The North Coast Tourism Studio, offered by Travel Oregon in partnership with a local steering committee (represented by 24 organizations and agencies), is now open for registration. The fall/winter program will focus on communities in Oregon’s northern coastal region from Astoria to Pacific City through the coastal mountain range.
The North Coast Tourism Studio program is a series of tourism development workshops designed to assist communities interested in stimulating their local economies through sustainable tourism development, while protecting and enhancing local resources.
As a result of the program, Travel Oregon and the program’s local organizers hope to see an increase in local collaboration to shape the future of a growing tourism economy in the North Coast region. This will strengthen the region’s position as a premier tourism destination by enhancing community livability and healthy, local environments.
The tourism studio professional development program offers six interactive workshops. The program is designed to assist residents and businesses in the North Coast region address key challenges it faces in the area, including:
• Preserve and enhance the natural and cultural resources of the region while offering high-quality experiences
• Encourage stewardship best practices by visitors and the industry
• Integrate cultural heritage into the visitor experience, authentically and respectfully
• Reduce congestion during peak seasons and in high-use areas
• Spread the seasonality of visitation
• Spread the positive economic benefits of tourism throughout the region and maximize the integration with other key economic drivers including fisheries, forestry, agriculture and main street retail
• Increase local understanding and appreciation of the value of tourism, and the contribution it makes to the local economy
• Capitalize upon the array of visionary projects already underway to bolster momentum and ensure this region remains a unique destination
Community members, public officials, tourism entrepreneurs, tour operators, lodging property owners, land managers, outdoor recreation enthusiasts, conservation groups and anyone with an interest in strengthening the local economy through tourism are invited to participate in the program.
To register, visit the program webpage at Industry.TravelOregon.com/NorthCoast.