Join us for our Emergency Fair
Sponsored by the Rinehart Clinic and the Emergency Volunteer Corps of Nehalem Bay!
June 24, 10 a.m.
Nehalem Public Works Bldg
Learn, share great ideas by sharing experiences, win prizes, be prepared!
“The High Ground Challenge!”
Once the shaking begins you have 10 minutes to get to high ground (green on map!) “Run like hell! Time is critical!” says Dr. Jonathan Allan, DOGAMI!
- After you have reached High Ground you should walk to your assembly site!
- Get outside and enjoy by finding your route to High Ground!
Steps: 1. Go to the website EVCNB.org to find out where your safe zones are. Or, look at the Tsunami Evacuation Map to find your safe zones (green areas) and assembly sites. Pick a tsunami evacuation route from your home – or if you live in a safe zone, from places you frequently visit.
2. Time yourself. How long does it take to (a) to reach high ground (green on map), and also (b) reach an Assembly site (A on map). The goal is under 10 minutes after the earth stops shaking. Walk evacuation routes with your family. And ask friends & neighbors to join you.
…. Be sure to take your Go-Bag! (Learn about go-bags at EVCNB.org.)
- Stocked Go-Bag for 2 and Water Filtration system.
- Find your route as well as an alternative route in case one path is blocked
- Make sure your Go Bag is not too heavy (you will need it!!)
- Knowing how long it took you to get to a safe high place in the allotted time builds confidence that you can do it when an emergency strikes!
- Have a plan of where you will meet up in case you get separated from family
- Turn in your results…..Join the Celebration on June 24th at 10am!