The County Commissioners will be attending the Port of Nehalem’s meeting on Wednesday, Jan. 27, at 7:30 p.m. The purpose of the meeting is for the four Port Commissioners to appoint an interim Commissioner. This presents the potential for a tie vote. If the current four members are unable to get a majority of three votes to appoint the interim Port Commissioner the Board of County Commissioners will be asked to make the decision. If this happens the Commissioners will go into a Special Board meeting.
NOTICE OF SPECIAL BOARD MEETING
TILLAMOOK COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Also sitting as the Board of the
SOLID WASTE SERVICE DISTRICT,
THE 4-H AND EXTENSION SERVICE DISTRICT
AND COUNTY ROAD DISTRICT
to be held
Wednesday, January 27, 2016
Special Board Meeting at 7:30 p.m.
North County Recreation District, Room 4
36155 Ninth Street, Nehalem, Oregon
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Mark Labhart, Chair
Bill Baertlein, Vice Chair
Tim Josi, Commissioner
201 Laurel Avenue
Tillamook, Oregon 97141
Phone: (503) 842-3403 FAX: (503) 842-1384
ANY QUESTIONS? Contact
Paul Levesque (503) 842-1809
COUNTY WEBSITE: http://www.co.tillamook.or.us
WATCH THIS MEETING ON TV: TCTV Channel 4
Friday – 1:00 p.m. Saturday – 3:30 a.m. Sunday – 7:00 p.m.
Monday – 7:00 p.m. Tuesday – 10:00 p.m. Wednesday – 7:00 a.m.
Thursday – 9:30 a.m.
NOTE: The Board of Commissioners reserves the right to recess to Executive Session as may be required at any time during this meeting, pursuant to ORS 192.660(1).
NOTE: The Tillamook County Courthouse is accessible to persons with disabilities. If special accommodations are needed for persons with hearing, visual or manual impairments who wish to participate in the meeting, please contact (503) 842-3403 at least 24 hours prior to the meeting so that the appropriate communications assistance can be arranged.
SPECIAL BOARD MEETING
CALL TO ORDER: January 27, 2016 7:30 p.m.
- Welcome & Request to Sign Guest List
- Public Comment – Non-Agenda Items
- Discussion and Possible Consideration of Appointment to Port of Nehalem Board of Commissioners/Mark Labhart
- Public Comments
BOARD MEETINGS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
The commissioners will meet with representatives of the Grand Ronde Tribes for their regular quarterly meeting on Friday, January 29, 2016 at 12:00 noon in commissioners’ meeting Rooms A&B in the Tillamook County Courthouse, 201 Laurel Avenue, Tillamook.
A Leadership Team Meeting of the County Board of Commissioners with the Tillamook County Elected Officials and Department Heads will be held on Monday, February 1, 2016 at 8:00 a.m. The meeting will be held in the commissioners’ meeting Rooms A&B in the Tillamook County Courthouse, 201 Laurel Avenue, Tillamook.
The commissioners will hold their annual Workshop on Thursday, February 11, 2016 at 2:00 p.m. with the Citizen Advisory Committee (CAC) chairs, Planning Commission members and staff from the Community Development Department to review the CACs’ 2015 accomplishments and to discuss matters of mutual concern. The workshop will be held in in the commissioners’ meeting Room B in the Tillamook County Courthouse, 201 Laurel Avenue, Tillamook.
The Tillamook County Courthouse will be closed on Monday, February 15, 2016 in observance of Presidents’ Day. The State Circuit Courts, Tillamook Library, administrative offices in the jail and justice facility, Tillamook County Road Department, Tillamook County Community Development Department, Tillamook County Surveyor’s office and health department and clinics will also be closed.
The commissioners’ evening board meeting schedule is as follows:
February 17, 2016 South County – Kiawanda Community Center
March 16, 2016 North County – Manzanita City Hall
April 13, 2016 South County – Kiawanda Community Center
May 18, 2016 North County – Nehalem City Hall
The evening meetings will begin at 6:30 p.m.
- The Board of Commissioners (BOC) holds a formal meeting every Wednesday. Most of these meetings convene at 9:00 a.m. in the Board Room on the second floor of the Tillamook County Courthouse. Once each month (except for June, July, August and September) usually on the third Wednesday, the Board of Commissioners will meet at various locations in North, South and Central County, convening at 6:30 p.m. BOC meeting notices will be publicized in accordance with public meeting laws.
- Workshops will be held every Wednesday at 8:30 a.m. in the Board Room on the second floor of the Tillamook County Courthouse. Workshop meeting notices will be publicized in accordance with public notice laws.
- Matters to be considered by the BOC at its regular and workshop meetings shall be placed on an agenda, to be prepared by the Board Assistant and approved by the Board Chair. All Commission members may place items on the agenda.
- The BOC will allow audience participation at regular and workshop meetings. Members of the public may address the Board at a time designated on the agenda. The presiding officer may limit the amount of time for individuals to speak and this discretion rests solely within the jurisdiction of the presiding officer. The presiding officer will utilize a gavel as needed to maintain order, commence meetings, adjourn meetings and signal approval of motions.
- Public hearings are formal proceedings advertised in advance through special public notice issued to media and others. Public hearings are therefore different from audience participation at regular and workshop meetings. Public hearings by the BOC are to provide for the Board an opportunity to hear from members of the public about a specific topic. Such hearings are normally held in the Board Room. All hearing notice will be publicized in accordance with public notice laws.
- Individuals who wish to testify during BOC meetings and hearings shall do so at the table placed in from of the dais. Individuals testifying will, for the record, first identify themselves; give their address and state who they represent.
- During BOC meetings and hearings, Commissioners will be addressed by their title followed by their last name.
- Commissioners shall obtain approval from the Chair before speaking or asking questions of staff or invited guests. As a courtesy, the Chair shall allow an opportunity, by the Commissioner who has the floor, to ask immediate follow-up questions.
- A majority of the BOC shall constitute a quorum and be necessary for the transaction of business.
- The Tillamook County Board of Commissioners’ officers shall be a Chair and Vice-Chair.
- Officers shall be elected at the first BOC meeting in January of every year and serve a term of one year.