Wanted Rockaway Beach Subject in Custody

Yesterday, December 3, 2015 at around 4:43am, Tillamook 911 received a complaint of a possible assault in the south Rockaway Beach area.   Rockaway Beach Police and Oregon State police initially responded.  Prior to police arrival at the call, information was received of possible shots fired, and the suspect fleeing on foot.  Tillamook Police Department responded to assist responding units.

Nolan Seth OTEY

Gordon McCraw
Tillamook Co. Emergency Manager
[email protected]

After units arrived at the scene, it was learned that the incident was likely a carjacking.  A concerned citizen intervened during the altercation.  This intervention likely lead to the prevention of loss of life and/or property.

From information obtained during the initial investigation, the suspect was identified as Nolan Otey, age 21, with ties to the Rockaway Beach area.  Due to the nature of the call as well as other information gathered, Otey was considered a danger to himself and others.  At approximately 5:30am, the Tillamook County Major Crimes Team was activated.  The Major Crimes Team is comprised of law enforcement personnel from the Oregon State Police, Tillamook County Sheriff’s Office, Tillamook Police Department, Rockaway Police Department, and Manzanita Police Department.

The Tillamook 911 Alert Notification System and social media were utilized to inform local residents to secure property and remain indoors.  The Neahkahnie School District delayed the start time for schools; eventually cancelling the school day due to safety concerns.

With the public’s help, law enforcement personnel investigated several possible sightings from Rockaway Beach to Garibaldi.  At approximately 9:50am the suspect was located at South Falcon St and Washington St in Rockaway Beach, where he was taken into custody without incident.  The public was notified the incident was resolved and that everything was clear.

Otey was transported to the Tillamook County Jail, where he was booked and lodged on multiple charges.  The incident is still under investigation at the time of this release.

Law Enforcement wishes to thanks the public for their cooperation and assistance during this incident

Post Comment